May 01, 2020
If you want a natural-looking restoration that can last up to 30 years, then the dental implants could be the perfect option for you. They replace your missing tooth and offer you the dazzling smile you always wanted. They are tailored to look, feel, and fit like others in your mouth. Here is the perfect guide for the implant procedure.
The Truth about the Treatment
There are plenty of myths and fears about dental implants among patients. However, the truth is that when it comes to replacing a missing tooth, you can’t get better treatment than it.
- Implant treatment is painless
- Can be done under local anesthesia without costly and complicated bone grafting procedures
- A good alternative to dentures or bridges that don’t fit well
- Dental implant enhances the chewing efficiency, smile, and quality of life.
- The procedure takes only in one to three days
- Even smokers and diabetics can have successful implants
- The lifetime of the implant is more than the lifespan of your natural whites
- No postoperative pain
- Most of the patients require only basic Intraoral X-ray and /or OPG
- Age is not a hindrance for the process provided the patient is healthy
Osseointegration is a good signal of the clinical successof titanium implants. However, despite the high success rate, implants do fail.
Failure factors can include:
- Improper selection of patient
- Poor oral hygiene due to plaque accumulation
- Debris retention
- Improper prosthetic restoration
- Bone preparation without the use of coolants
Like any surgery, dental implant surgery also has somecomplications. It includes:
- Infection at the implant site
- Nerve and tissue damage
- Sinus problems
- Injury or damage to the nearby structures, like bloodvessels
These complications lead to dental implant failure and loss of the implant. That is why awareness of these risk factors that affect long-term success is important so that you are better prepared in case something goes wrong.
Furthermore, taking quick corrective action allows dental professionals to prevent additional and more serious issues from occurring.
Dental implants ensure healthy teeth stay healthy byliving them alone while still offering a strong foundation in your jawbone.Unlike other treatment options, they enable you toenjoy the most natural and satisfying chewing experience.
Implants are predictable with a 95% success rate. It means tons of patients had implant procedures without any complications during the procedure. Major factors that contribute to successful results from the treatment include:
- Oral Hygiene
Good oral hygiene is vital for the long-term maintenance of implants. Insufficient bone volume can often be overcome with grafting. Talk to a dentist to find out whether you are a suitable candidate for the process.
- Clinical Skill of the Dentist
The dentist carrying out the procedure must havesuitable training. This will involve postgraduate training in implantdentistry.
- Implant Design
The design of the implant is also a factor in achieving long-term stability and long life-life aesthetic appearance.
Some implants are more prone to periimplantitis – inflammation which causes shrinkage of the nearby bone. In extreme cases, it can lead to the failure of the treatment.
How to Make your Implants Last Longer?
You can help your dental work and make your natural teeth last longer if you do the following:
- Contact your dentist regularly
Scheduledental check-ups to ensure the proper functioning and health of implants.Also, follow the advice for professional cleanings and pain management.
- Practice Good Oral Hygiene
Same as your natural teeth, it is crucial to keep yourartificial implant and gum tissue clean. You can use specially built brushes toclean the nooks around metal posts, and gums.
- Avoid Damaging Habits
Avoid chewing hard items, like hard candy, ice, etc., whichcan break your natural whites or crowns. Also, avoid caffeineproducts and tobacco as they cause stains.
Contact Dental Implant Specialist in Downtown Vancouver, BC
If you live in Vancouver and are seeking the experienced implant specialist, look no further than M2 Dental Center. Each dentist installs high-quality implants to restore healthy and attractive smiles. Don’t hesitate to contact for your free consultation appointment.
While finding a qualified dentist that you can trust and feel comfortable with is essential, the success or failure of the implants also depends on the patient. By working together, you can reduce the potential risks.